2021 information is now posted below!
Our “PLAY GOLF” program is designed to improve on already acquired golf skills and get kids playing in a weekly league. If your junior can competently play 9 holes from forward tees and shoot approximately 50 or less, by the rules, then this is the place for them! Students should now have a good understanding of the correct setup fundamentals and golf swing positions. We also expect they have the desire and motivation to take their game to the next level through practice and regular attendance. Players will have a weekly lesson and compete in an organized 9 hole Junior League that will enhance their skills, while learning about rules, etiquette, course management and sportsmanship. While safety and fun are always a focus, kids should also begin to enjoy the competitive aspect of the game.
For a junior to advance to the “PERFORMANCE TEAM”, they must demonstrate the ability to play a round in a predetermined number of strokes, be committed to practicing or playing 3 times per week, show interest in playing in local competitive junior events, and be selected by the coach.
Program Specifics for PLAY GOLF
* NEW! 15 week program, twice per week (one extra week)
* One weekly 50 minute group lesson
* 15 weeks of Sawmill's Junior League (Sundays at 12pm - May 16 to August 29)
* Week 1: Monday, May 10 to Sunday, May 16
* Week 15: Monday, August 23 to Sunday, August 29
* BREAK WEEK: All sessions will take a break from Monday, July 19 to Sunday, July 25
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Year end event on Sunday, September 5th: golf tournament, prizes and lunch is included
* The 9 hole Junior League is team-based play with tee times from 12-1pm. Prizes and food (pizza, burgers, hot dogs).
* Every player gets a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for PLAY GOLF:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a Master Kids Coach with US Kids Golf. Brody has 21 years of teaching experience and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach.
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 16 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
*Please click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2021 PLAY GOLF Sessions
*Tuesdays 7:00pm - 7:50pm (Coach Brody) -
*Saturdays 11:30am - 12:20pm (Coach Brody) -
*Sundays 10:40am - 11:30am (Coach Kevin) -
*Saturdays 10:30 - 11:20 (Coach Brody) -
Non-Member Price: $250 + HST = $282.50 (includes all lessons and league green fees on Sundays)
Sawmill Junior Member Price: $150 + HST = $169.50 (includes all lessons)
Online Registration Details
- Registration opens on Thursday, February 11th at 7am.
- Priority registration is given to returning Sawmill Junior Program players until Sunday, February 14th.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child’s first name and last initial (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. *The website will be updated as quickly as possible. Please don’t send an email within minutes of registering if you don’t see your child’s name!
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering.
- Sawmill Covid-19 Protocols for Junior Golf Lessons
Junior Open House
~ Saturday, May 1st
~ On the clubhouse patio (unless permitted indoors)
~ PLAY GOLF from 12pm - 12:30pm
~ Meet the coaches - Brody and Kevin
~ Check out new and used US Kids Golf clubs for sale
~ Get properly fit for US Kids Golf clubs
~ Junior apparel, hats, and shoes available for sale
~ Pick up your Sawmill Junior Golf hat
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.