Good news!!! The TRY Golf program can proceed as planned with protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of your child. An email has been sent to all registered players.
Registration for PLAY GOLF is open - click here! *Only register if you want the available spot on Saturdays at 11:10am.
Our “PLAY GOLF” program is designed to improve on already acquired golf skills and get kids playing in a weekly league. If your junior can competently play 9 holes from forward tees and shoot approximately 50 or less, by the rules, then this is the place for them! Students should now have a good understanding of the correct setup fundamentals and golf swing positions. We also expect they have the desire and motivation to take their game to the next level through practice and regular attendance. Players will have a weekly lesson and compete in an organized 9 hole Junior League that will enhance their skills, while learning about rules, etiquette, course management and sportsmanship. While safety and fun are always a focus, kids should also begin to enjoy the competitive aspect of the game.
For a junior to advance to the “PERFORMANCE TEAM”, they must demonstrate the ability to play a round in a predetermined number of strokes, be committed to practicing or playing 3 times per week, show interest in playing in local competitive junior events, and be selected by the coach.
Program Specifics for PLAY GOLF
* 14 weeks of lessons, 50 minutes each week
* Week 1: Starts the week of Tuesday, May 5th to Sunday, May 10th
* Week 15: Finishes the week of Tuesday, August 11th to Sunday, August 16th
* 16 weeks of Sawmill's Junior League (Sundays at 12pm, from May 17th to August 30th)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* BREAK WEEK: Tuesday, July 21st and Sunday, July 26th (No lessons)
* Year end event on Sunday, September 6th: golf tournament, prizes and lunch is included (date may be subject to change)
* The 9 hole Junior League is team-based play with tee times from 12-1pm. Prizes and food (pizza, burgers, hot dogs).
* Every player gets a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for PLAY GOLF:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a two-time Top 50 US Kids Golf Coaches award winner. Brody has 20 years of teaching experience and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach.
*Please click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2020 PLAY GOLF Sessions
**Tuesdays 7pm-7:50pm (Coach Brody) - Lukas B, Cole D, Anthony F, Katryna Z, Alivia N, Alex Z, Nolan A (1 spot open)
**Saturdays 11:10am-12pm (Coach Brody) - Joshua G, Chloe P, Ethan O, Giordano T, Markus M, Andrew B, Benjamin S, Jack V (Full Session)
Non-Member Price: $240 + HST = $271.20 (includes all lessons and league green fees on Sundays)
Sawmill Junior Member Price: $140 + HST = $158.20 (includes all lessons)
Online Registration Details
- Registration opens on Wednesday, February 12th at 7am.
- Priority registration is given to returning Sawmill Junior Program players until Saturday, February 15th.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child’s first name and last initial (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. *The website will be updated as quickly as possible. Please don’t send an email within minutes of registering if you don’t see your child’s name!
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering.
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.