The "LEARN Golf” program is for intermediate players that want to build on their basic skills to develop correct swing technique and more consistent ball striking. If your child has taken lessons or has played golf occasionally and shows proficiency to complete 3 to 5 holes (from junior tees on the BIG course), then this is the place for them!! Players will perfect their setup fundamentals and develop proper swing positions. They'll learn to use all the clubs in their bag by practicing different shots in friendly competitions. Kids will begin to understand golf rules and etiquette. They’ll still have FUN while improving your golf skills in a safe environment.
For a junior to advance to the “PLAY Golf” level, they must demonstrate the ability to competently play 9 holes while following basic rules and etiquette.
2023 LEARN Golf Program Specifics
* 12 week program, twice per week
* One weekly 50 minute group lesson and playing on the course
* GAME DAY: play Sawmill's "big" course every Tuesday night at 6pm (June 6 to August 22). MUST be able to play 3-5 holes. Kevin will organize tee times and monitor the play on course.
* Week 1: Monday, May 29 to Sunday, June 4
* Week 12: Monday, August 21 to Sunday, August 27
* BREAK WEEK: All sessions will take a break from Monday, July 24 to Sunday, July 30
* Two age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability:
- U10 (birth years 2014/2015/2016)
- U15 (2009/2010/2011/2012/2013)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Lessons take place on the driving range, short game practice area or the putting green (schedule will be posted)
* Every player receives a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for LEARN Golf:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a Master Kids Coach with US Kids Golf. Brody has 23 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. Brody is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 18 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kayla Burke, PGA of Canada Associate and recent graduate from Arkansas State University on a 4 year golf scholarship. Kayla is an accomplished NCAA D1 golfer, playing competitively since 7 years of age, and is thrilled to join Sawmill as the Girls Club Head Coach.
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2023 Available Sessions LEARN GOLF U10 & U15
~LEARN U10 **MUST BE 7-9 YEARS OLD AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U10
*Tuesdays 4:30p -5:20pm (Coach Brody) - Parker S, Keira S, Rory S, Sophie K, Peyton Mc, Matthew M, Alex S, Charlie D - SOLD OUT!!
~LEARN U15 **MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD (OR OLDER) AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U15
*Mondays 7:20pm-8:10pm (Coach Brody) - Lucas P, Finley A, Benjamin K, Rhyder B, Luc L, Jacob M, Jackson S, Safiya A - SOLD OUT!!
*Tuesdays 4:50pm-5:30pm (Coach Kevin) - Anna O, Priestly O, Nicholas P, Paxton K, Adrian H, Ethan K, Trevor K, Moses L - SOLD OUT!!
*Wednesdays 7:20pm-8:10pm GIRLS ONLY (Coach Kayla) - Charlotte B, Maddy B, Kira M, Ashtyn O, Ella K, Henley T, Belle D, Michelle S - SOLD OUT!!
*Wednesdays 7:30pm-8:20pm (Coach Brody) - Ethan M, Carter O, Ryuhan K, Hope H, Sawyer Mc, Carson Mc, Ryker K, Liam P - SOLD OUT!!
*Saturdays 9:30am-10:20am (Coach Brody) - Andrew G, Micheal K, Cooper St, Jack S, Gavin G, Lucas G, Caleb R, Griifin M - SOLD OUT!!
*Saturdays 12pm-12:50pm (Coach Kevin) - Maddison K, Heather H, Cain F, Nora B, Tristan B, Damon T, Mark J, Sijia Y - SOLD OUT!!
~LEARN - U10/U15 Combo **MUST BE 9 YEARS OLD (OR OLDER) AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U15
*Wednesdays 6:30pm - 7:20pm (Coach Brody) - Addison A, Anthony A, Lillian S, Hunter C, Chase M, Cassidy G, Andrew B, Joshua B - SOLD OUT!!
*Saturdays 8:30am-9:20am (Coach Kevin) - William D, Eden S, Kristoper S, Jordan B, Weston O, Kieran B, Pierce B, Owen P - SOLD OUT!!
*Saturdays 11:30am-12:20pm (Coach Brody) - Everett M, Oliver S, Brandon A, Easton A, Leah R, Harper P, Jonathan V, Benjamin V - SOLD OUT!!
~L2P (Learn 2 Play) (invite only!)
*Wednesdays 7:30pm-8:20pm (Coach Kevin) - Sofia M, Alex K, Lilliana J, Simon W, Zane S, Elle O, Zachary T,
Cost: $195 + HST = $220.35 (includes all lessons and playing on the course)
All LEARN sessions are full for 2023!
2023 LEARN Golf REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child’s first name and last initial (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. *The website will be updated as quickly as possible. Please don’t send an email within minutes of registering if you don’t see your child’s name!
- If you have any questions about TRY Golf registration, please email Carrie.
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering. *Programs are NOT transferable or refundable!
2023 JUNIOR FITTING DAY
~ Saturday, April 15th LEARN Golf 11am to 12pm (in the clubhouse)
~ pick up your hat (included in registration) and check out golf gloves, golf shoes, and kids clothing
~ Check out new and used US Kids Golf clubs for sale
~ Get properly fit for US Kids Golf clubs
~ Junior apparel, hats, and shoes available
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.