Learn Golf is full for 2020!
The "LEARN GOLF” program is for intermediate players that want to build on their basic skills to develop correct swing technique and more consistent ball striking. If your child has taken lessons and shows proficiency to complete 3 to 5 holes (from junior tees on the BIG course), then this is the place for them!! Players will perfect their setup fundamentals and develop proper swing positions. They'll learn to use all the clubs in their bag by practicing different shots in friendly competitions. Kids will begin to understand golf rules and etiquette. We’ll still have FUN while improving your golf skills in a safe environment.
For a child to advance to the “PLAY GOLF” level, they must demonstrate the ability to competently play 9 holes while following basic rules and etiquette.
2020 Learn Golf Program Specifics
* 11 week program, twice per week (lesson and playing)
* One 50 minute group lesson each week
* GAME DAY: play Sawmill's "big" course every Tuesday night at 6pm (June 2nd to August 11th). MUST be able to play 3-5 holes. Kevin will be organizing and monitoring the play on course.
* Week 1: starts Monday, May 25th to Sunday, May 31st *Started as scheduled.
* Week 11: ends Monday, August 10th to Sunday, August 16th *Finishes the week of Auust 3rd (one week early because there was no break week).
* BREAK WEEK: Monday, July 20th to Sunday, July 26th (No lessons) *There will be no Break Week this year.
* YEAR END BASH: Saturday, August 22nd from 9am-11am. Bouncy castle, treats & other surprises!! *Cancelled - sorry.
* Two age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability:
- U10 (birth years 2011/2012//2013)
- U15 (2006/2007/2008/2009/2010)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Lessons take place on the driving range, short game practice area or the putting green (schedule to be posted)
* Every player receives a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for LEARN GOLF:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a two-time Top 50 US Kids Golf Coaches award winner. Brody has 20 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. Brody is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 15 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Emily Zwier is our Girls Club coach. Emily is an elementary school teacher and accomplished amateur golfer making her the perfect choice to develop this new and innovative program. She makes golf fun while teaching the fundamentals of golf to girls in our community. GIRL POWER!!!!
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2020 Available Sessions LEARN GOLF U10 & U15 & GIRLS CLUB U10 & U15
*Tuesdays 4:50pm - 5:40pm (Coach Kevin) - McKenna S, Sinead S, Brayden D, Anna F, Jordan C, Moses L, Charlie C, Quinten C, Livia B (Session Full)
*Wednesdays 5pm - 5:40pm (Coach Kevin) - Rhyder B, Tristan B, Dexter F, Ethan M, Kira M, Carter O, Ashtyn O, Easton T, Grayson MB (Session Full)
*Wednesdays 6:30pm-7:20pm (Coach Brody) - Brooke I, Peyton B, Liam P, Maya R, Owen B, Keldon B, Callum W, Niko V (Session Full)
*Saturdays 9:30am-10:20am (Coach Brody) - Jacob S, Jack M, Cooper S, Abigail M, Kate F, Eliojah K, Leo R-H, Sophia R (Session Full)
*Mondays 5:40pm-6:30pm (Coach Brody) - Jack S, Bryce S, Douglas B, Josh E, Nathan E, Ty F, Cole F, Torren P, Nick B (Session Full)
*Wednesdays 7:30pm-8:20pm (Coach Kevin) - Noah W, Evan R, Cole R, Liam W, Connor M, Alec B, Ben M, Logan M, Caden J, Liam B, Zac B (Session Full)
*Saturdays 8:30am-9:20am (Coach Brody) - Matteo T, Adam C, Zac S, Giuseppe P, Ethan H, Jacob D, Will D, Alexander K (Session Full)
~LEARN - U10/U15 Combo
*Saturdays 8:30am-9:20am (Coach Kevin) - Jaxon H, Jakob H, Maximus S, Henry K, Thomas K, Jack R, Tiffany K, Bryce H (Full session)
*Sundays 10:50am-11:40am (Coach Kevin) - Hunter Z, Camden W, Adam N, Adam W, Jameson G, Ava M, Julian M, Liam S (Full session)
NEW!!! Mondays 3pm-3:50pm (Coach Kevin) - Carter T, Jackson H, Benjamin H, Kiefer H, Owen K, Levi B (Full session)
~GIRLS CLUB U10/U15
*Mondays 6:40-7:30 (Coach Emily) - Isabella B, Giordana B, Cecilia S, Ella H, Claire H, Nicole H (Full session)
*Wednesdays 6:40-7:30 (Coach Emily) - Reese A, Drew A, Vaeda A, Ava R, Karson R, Maddy B, Claire B, Meg J (Full session)
Cost: $175 + HST = $197.75 (includes all lessons and playing on the course)
ONLINE REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Priority registratin is given to returning Sawmil Junior Program players until Saturday, February 15th.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis. Each session has a maximum of 8 spots.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child's first name and last initial will (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. The website will beupdated as quickly as possible. Please don't send an email within minutes of registering if you don't see your child's name!
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering
JUNIOR OPEN HOUSE - CANCELLED (NEW DATE TBA)
~ Saturday, April 11th
~ TRY GOLF U6 from 9am-10am
~ TRY GOLF U9/13 and GIRLS CLUB from 10am-11am
~ LEARN GOLF and PLAY GOLF from 11am-12pm
~ Meet Coach Brody, Coach Kevin, and Coach Emily
~ FREE use of the Driving Range for kids and their families (weather permitting)
~ Check out new and used clubs at the annual CLUB SWAP
~ Junior golf shirts for sale with Sawmill logo
~ Pick up your Sawmill Junior Golf hat
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.