The "LEARN GOLF” program is for intermediate players that want to build on their basic skills to develop correct swing technique and more consistent ball striking. If your child has taken lessons or has played golf occasionally and shows proficiency to complete 3 to 5 holes (from junior tees on the BIG course), then this is the place for them!! Players will perfect their setup fundamentals and develop proper swing positions. They'll learn to use all the clubs in their bag by practicing different shots in friendly competitions. Kids will begin to understand golf rules and etiquette. We’ll still have FUN while improving your golf skills in a safe environment.
For a child to advance to the “PLAY GOLF” level, they must demonstrate the ability to competently play 9 holes while following basic rules and etiquette.
2021 Learn Golf Program Specifics
* NEW! 12 week program, twice per week (one extra week)
* One weekly 50 minute group lesson and playing on the course
* GAME DAY: play Sawmill's "big" course every Tuesday night at 6pm (June 2nd to August 11th). MUST be able to play 3-5 holes. Kevin will organize tee times and monitoring the play on course.
* Week 1: Monday, May 31 to Sunday, June 6
* Week 12: Monday, August 23 to Sunday, August 29
* BREAK WEEK: All sessions will take a break from Monday, July 19 to Sunday, July 25
* Two age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability:
- U10 (birth years 2012/2013/2014)
- U15 (2007/2008/2009/2010/2011)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Lessons take place on the driving range, short game practice area or the putting green (schedule to be posted)
* Every player receives a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for LEARN GOLF:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a Master Kids Coach with US Kids Golf. Brody has 21 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. Brody is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 16 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Emily Zwier is our Girls Club coach. Emily is an elementary school teacher and an accomplished amateur golfer making her the perfect choice to teach this program. She makes golf fun while teaching the game's fundamentals. GIRL POWER!!!
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2021 Available Sessions LEARN GOLF U10 & U15 & GIRLS CLUB U10 & U15
*Wednesdays 4:50pm - 5:40pm (Coach Kevin) - Benjamin S, Owen B, Grayson M, Callum W, Addison A, Anthony A, Micheal A, Mason S (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 6:30pm - 7:20pm (Coach Brody) - Jacob S, Elijah, Cooper S, Sam G, Evan G, Micheal K, Nick M, Colin K, Matheson D (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 9:30am - 10:20am (Coach Brody) - Simon W, McKinley S, Logan W, Caleb R, Mason Mc, Gus K, Hunter S, Thomas H (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 7:30pm - 8:20pm (Coach Kevin) - Adam C, Matteo T, Guiseppe P, Carter O, Rhyder B, Ethan M, Quinten C, Moses L (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 8:30am - 9:20am (Coach Brody) - Zach S, Leila H, Alexander K, Jack S, Jack R, Leo H, Andrew G, Will D (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 12pm - 12:50pm (Coach Kevin) - Joshua H, Jacob D, Jackson, Mark J, Ethan H, Austin D, Ella D, Jaxon P (SOLD OUT!)
~LEARN - U10/U15 Combo
*Mondays 7:20pm - 8:10pm (Coach Brody) - Aiden D, Josh E, Nathan E, Elliot H, Adrian H, Benjamin K, Jacob P, Julian B (SOLD OUT!)
*Tuesdays 4:40pm - 5:30pm (Coach Kevin) - Anna O, Priestly O, Nicholas P, Rory S, Niko V, Nathan H, Maddox G, Tao S - (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 8:30am - 9:20am (Coach Kevin) - Lillianna J, Royce H, Pierce H, Isaak L, James S, Henry K, Thomas K, Paxton K (SOLD OUT!)
~GIRLS CLUB U10/U15 Combo
*Mondays 6:40pm - 7:30pm (Coach Emily) - Cecilia S, Karlyn C, Lilian S, Allison J, Sinead S, Reese R, Giordana B, Nicole H (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 5:50 - 6:40 (Coach Emily) - Reece A, Drew A, Verda A, Kait D, Allie D, Hope H, Isabella B, Abby Mc (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 6:40pm - 7:30pm (Coach Emily) -Everly D, Kina K, Ashtyn O, Kira M, Brooke G, Olivia D, Myla S, Olivia K (SOLD OUT!)
Cost: $185 + HST = $209.05 (includes all lessons and playing on the course)
LEARN Golf is SOLD OUT for the 2021 season. We are no longer taking names for the waiting list (we have over 15 kids already). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration opens on Wednesday, February 10 at 7am.
- Priority registration is given to returning Sawmil Junior Program players until Sunday, February 14.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis. Each session has a maximum of 8 spots.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child's first name and last initial will (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. The website will beupdated as quickly as possible. Please don't send an email within minutes of registering if you don't see your child's name!
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering
- Sawmill Covid-19 Protocols for Junior Golf Lessons
JUNIOR OPEN HOUSE
~ Saturday, May 1st
~ On the clubhouse patio (unless permitted indoors)
~ LEARN GOLF U10, U15 & GIRLS CLUB 11am - 12pm
~ Meet the coaches - Brody, Kevin and Emily
~ Check out new and used US Kids Golf clubs for sale
~ Get properly fit for US Kids Golf clubs
~ Junior apparel, hats, and shoes available for sale
~ Pick up your Sawmill Junior Golf hat
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.