The "LEARN Golf” program is for intermediate players that want to build on their basic skills to develop correct swing technique and more consistent ball striking. If your child has taken lessons or has played golf occasionally and shows proficiency to complete 3 to 5 holes (from junior tees on the BIG course), then this is the place for them!! Players will perfect their setup fundamentals and develop proper swing positions. They'll learn to use all the clubs in their bag by practicing different shots in friendly competitions. Kids will begin to understand golf rules and etiquette. They’ll still have FUN while improving your golf skills in a safe environment.
For a junior to advance to the “PLAY Golf” level, they must demonstrate the ability to competently play 9 holes while following basic rules and etiquette.
2022 LEARN Golf Program Specifics
* 12 week program, twice per week
* One weekly 50 minute group lesson and playing on the course
* GAME DAY: play Sawmill's "big" course every Tuesday night at 6pm (June 7 to August 23). MUST be able to play 3-5 holes. Kevin will organize tee times and monitor the play on course.
* Week 1: Monday, May 30 to Sunday, June 5
* Week 12: Monday, August 22 to Sunday, August 28
* BREAK WEEK: All sessions will take a break from Monday, July 25 to Sunday, July 31
* Two age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability:
- U10 (birth years 2013/2014/2015)
- U15 (2008/2009/2010/2011/2012)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Lessons take place on the driving range, short game practice area or the putting green (schedule to be posted)
* Every player receives a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
*The following professionals will provide instruction for LEARN Golf:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a Master Kids Coach with US Kids Golf. Brody has 22 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. Brody is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 17 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Emily Zwier is our Girls Club coach. Emily is an elementary school teacher and an accomplished amateur golfer making her the perfect choice to teach this program. She makes golf fun while teaching the game's fundamentals. GIRL POWER!!!
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
2022 Available Sessions LEARN GOLF U10 & U15 & GIRLS CLUB U10 & U15
~LEARN U10 **MUST BE 7-9 YEARS OLD AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U10
*Monday 5:30pm - 6:20pm (Coach Brody) - Liliana J, Anthony A, Michael Mc, Gus, Hunter C, Addison A (SOLD OUT!)
*Tuesdays 4:40pm - 5:30pm (Coach Brody) - Braedon P, Nick M, Sofi M, Mason Mc, Robbie L, Jase W, Audrey B, Niko V (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 4:50pm - 5:40pm (Coach Kevin) - Rory S, Mason S, Stone P, Zane P, Nolan M, Kristopher S, Eden S, Timothy C (SOLD OUT!!)
*Saturdays 11:30am - 12:20pm (Coach Brody) - Filip K, Oliver S, Caleb R, Parker S, Declan H, Griffin Z, Elle O, Thomas H
~LEARN U15 **MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD (OR OLDER) AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U15
*Tuesdays 4:40pm - 5:30pm (Coach Kevin) - Julian B, Raxton K, Sinead S, Adrian H, Michael K, Lillian S, Reese R, Hope H (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 7:30pm - 8:20pm (Coach Kevin) - Carson M, Sawyer M, Benjamin K, Carter O, Logan D, Jackson S, Ethan M, Moses L (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 8:30am - 9:20am (Coach Brody) - Cooper St, Will D, Jack S, Leo RH, Zac S, Andrew G, Gavin G, Zachary T (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 12pm - 12:50pm (Coach Kevin) - Anna O, Priestly O, Nolan P, Brayden Mc, Lucas J, Ryuhan K, Matthew C, William O (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 12:30pm - 1:20pm (Coach Brody) - Jack R, Cameron Mc, Kieran B, Avery B, Ayshon R, Josh A , Gavon H, Lydia J (SOLD OUT!)
~LEARN - U10/U15 Combo **MUST BE 9 YEARS OLD (OR OLDER) AS OF MAY 1ST TO REGISTER FOR U15
*Wednesdays 7:30pm - 8:20pm (Coach Brody) - Rhyder B, Evan V, Charlie C, Sam J, Caden J, Zane S, Finley A, Jacob D (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 8:30am - 9:20am (Coach Kevin) - Heather H, Lucas G, Joshua B, Andrew B, Brandon A, Easton A, Maddison, Mark J (SOLD OUT!)
*U10 - Wednesdays 5:30pm - 6:20pm (Coach Emily) - Charlotte B, Emmy B, Ella K, Henley T, Luna C, Stella C, Emerson E, Sijia Y (SOLD OUT!)
*U15 - Wednesdays 7:20pm - 8:10pm (Coach Emily) - Vanessa L, Naomi L, Drew A, Ashtyn O, Isabella B, Kira M, Kaitlyn D, Alexandra D (SOLD OUT!)
Cost: $195 + HST = $220.35 (includes all lessons and playing on the course)
ONLINE REGISTRATION DETAILS
If you are interested in taking the last spot available, please email Carrie.
- Priority registration for returning players only opened on Wednesday, February 9th at 8am. New players can register on Wednesday, February 16th at 8am if space is available.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis. Each session has a maximum of 8 spots.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child's first name and last initial will (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. The website will beupdated as quickly as possible. Please don't send an email within minutes of registering if you don't see your child's name!
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering
JUNIOR FITTING DAY
~ Saturday, April 2nd 11am - 12pm
~ In the clubhouse (we are set up for indoor golf!)
~ Check out new and used US Kids Golf clubs for sale
~ Get properly fit for US Kids Golf clubs
~ Junior apparel, hats, and shoes available
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Jeremy.