Thank you to all the kids for a great season of Junior League!
Coach Kevin's Awards!
Most Dedicated Boy - Josh Harkin
Most Dedicated Girls - Anna Freure & Livia Bakai
Best Fashion Sense - Tiffany Kang
Small Girl, Big Game - McKinley Stewart
Small Guy, Big Game - Christian Freitas
Funniest Player - Shirley Chen
The following players have prizes that still need to be picked up in the Pro Shop:
Sawmill’s Junior League is designed for avid junior golfers that are able to competently play 9 holes (or more) and are looking for some friendly competition. The league offers weekly golf in an organized team format to help juniors improve their game and prepare them for competing in local junior events. The team format will promote a low-pressure game where all players will contribute to the team’s success regardless of skill level.
2022 LEAGUE INFO:
- 16 week league
- Sundays from May 15th to August 28th (no league on May 22 because of a Golf Ontario event).
- Tee times between 12pm and 1:30pm on Sundays.
- Approximately 25 - 40 kids participate each week.
- The league will be run by Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional.
- Weekly team games (scramble, best ball, etc).
- Groups will be mixed up to promote building new friendships and learning golf among peers.
- Tee times will be assigned in advance and posted by Friday each week on this page.
- After 9 holes, juniors will be provided with lunch and a drink in the restaurant or at the Gazebo BBQ.
- Scorecards need to be turned into Kevin immediately following golf.
- There will be a prize-giving announcement at 3:30pm (approximately) each week.
- The top individuals and/or teams and course contest winners will receive prizes.
- Kevin will monitor the play on course, provide rules and etiquette information, offer course management advice, do the scoring, and announce the winners.
- Year-end 9 Hole Golf Tournament on Sunday, September 4th.
COST: (HST included in all fees)
Weekly Fees: Sawmill Members, PLAY Golf, or Performance Team players: $7 for prizes and lunch
*The league is made up of players from the groups listed directly above.
If you have any questions about the Junior League, please email Jeremy
Some of our 2019 players!