2020 Summer Golf Camps – Half Day
Week #1 July 6 - 10
Week #2 July 20 - 24
Sawmill is proud to be part of a community which actively supports the participation of our families in sports. The Sawmill Junior Experience programs are an ideal way for kids to learn basic golf skills, develop proper swing techniques and build a solid foundation. And now…. The Sawmill Junior Experience has combined golf and sports activities in a Half Day Summer Camp!
*8:45am to 9am drop off at Sawmill
*9am-10:15am Golf instruction by a PGA professional
*10:15-10:30am Break and snack
*10:30am-11:45am Golf instruction by a PGA professional
*11:45am-12:15pm Lunch at Sawmill
*12:15pm-1pm Golf and/or Sports activities
*1pm Pick up at Sawmill
- Kids must be born 2012 – 2008 (ages 8 - 12).
- Maximum of 15 kids per week.
- Kids will receive a minimum of 2.5 hours of golf lessons daily.
- All golf lessons will be taught by Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada professional.
- Kevin will teach fundamentals like grip, stance, posture and movement. Kids will learn and practice short game skills (putting, chipping, and bunker shots) and spend time on the range developing or improving correct swing technique and consistent ball striking. Kids will learn golf rules and etiquette. They’ll have FUN while improving golf skills.
- Kids will also play at Sawmill on the course on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Sports activities may include basketball, soccer, baseball, ball hockey, dodge ball, etc.
$200 (HST included)
*Includes all lessons, golf, sports activities and lunch daily.
- Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What does my child wear for the week?
- Golf: Golf or running shoes, golf pants or shorts (no jeans or gym clothes), and a collared shirt.
- Sunscreen and hats are a must!
Q. What about snacks and lunch?
- Kids MUST have a water bottle. These will be refilled all day long to keep hydrated.
- Lunch will be served every day on the shaded Sawmill patio or in the dining room. *Kids will have an option of 2 choices each day for lunch.
- Bring snacks for breaks each day. Make it easy to eat (granola bars, fruit, etc) as they’ll be on the range, practice green or running around!
Q. What about golf clubs for my child?
- If your child has clubs, they can be dropped of on Monday and we will store them for the week (in our locked club storage).
- For kids without clubs: On Monday we will “fit” them with properly sized clubs and they can use the same clubs all week (driver/fairway wood, irons, putter).
Q. How can we be sure our children will be safe?
- Kevin Niznik will be on site with the kids throughout the day. Horse play and bullying will be closely monitored with a zero tolerance policy.
For more information please contact Jeremy or 905-562-4041.
Here are a few photos from the 2019 Summer Camps!