The "SAWMILL PERFORMANCE and NEW COMPETITOR TEAM" is a season long program that will teach advanced golf skills and prepare juniors for tournament play. If you're a dedicated and committed player ready to take your game to the next level and play in competitive events, this is the place for you. All players will have weekly coaching and practice sessions with PGA of Canada professional, Brody Whetham. These group sessions will place an emphasis on skill development through various drills that are tailored to individual abilities.
Players are expected to post scores from qualifying rounds on Monday evenings so that their progress can be tracked. We also encourage all team members to participate in our Junior League to experience friendly competition and develop course management skills. The team settting is fun and provides an opportunity to mentor younger players.
The Performance Team will be selected from players, age 10 and over, that have experienced success playing in local events and/or participated on the Performance B Team. The players must be committed to attending all practice sessions, competing in local events, and playing in the Monday qualifier and in the Junior League.
The New Competitor Team will be selected from players, age 7 and over, that are ready to compete in local events and/or particpated in Sawmill's PLAY Golf program. The players must be committed to attending all practice sessions, competing in local events, and playing in the Monday qualifier and in the Junior League.
If you are interested in the Sawmill Performance or New Competitor Team, please contact Brody at 289-213-5199 or by email, to discuss your golf skills and goals. Tryouts are possible in February/early March at Sawmill's indoor pratice facility.
2020 Program Specifics
* 19 weeks of supervised coaching.
* 90 minute team pratices each week.
* Week 1: Thursday, April 16th to Week 19: Thursday, August 27th (see schedule below). No lessons on July 23rd.
* 14 weeks playing in Sawmill's Junior League (Sundays at 12pm from May 17th to August 30th).
* Monday qualifying rounds from April through August. Tee times will be reserved at 5pm during school. Summer tee times to be announced.
* Includes a Sawmill Junior Range membership (to practice outside of the team sessions).
* Team members must be Sawmill Junior members to ensure you're playing the course (in the league, Monday qualifiers, etc).
* Every member gets a Performance Team hat and two golf shirts. Performance Team bags, fleece pullovers, hoodies, etc will be optional.
* Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Professional, will provide instruction for all sessions. Brody has 20 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leaders in coaching. He is also a two-time US Kids Golf Top 50 Coach.
Schedule of Sessions
Thursdays from April 16th to June 25th at 4pm - 5:30pm and 5:30pm - 7pm
Thursdays from July 2nd to August 27th at 9:30am - 11am and 11am - 12:30pm (No lessons on July 23rd)
*Performance Team will alternate times with the New Competitor Team bi-weekly (schedule will be emailed in advance).
Performance Team Cost
Sawmill Junior Member Price: $300 + HST = $339
*Includes 19 weeks of supervised practice and coaching, 14 weeks of junior league play, Monday qualifying rounds, a Sawmill range membership, a Performance team hat and two golf shirts.
Drive, Chip & Putt local qualifiers
US Kids Golf Niagara local tour
Niagara District Junior Tour
Golf Ontario events
CJGA or Maple Leaf Junior tours
*Only those players selected for the Performance Teams should register.
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis. Maximum of 10 spots per team.
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
Matt G, Trent C, Alex N, Will B, John K,
Performance Team Meet & Greet
- Date and time TBA
- In the clubhouse
- Meet Coach Brody
- Chat about the season ahead
- Confirm sizing for team golf shirts and hat
- View samples of team bags and other merchandise
2019 Team Photos
2018 Team Photos