TRY Golf U6
“TRY Golf U6” program introduces beginners to the game at a basic level. If your child has never golfed before or has minimal experience (like the driving range, mini putt, etc) then this is the place for them!! Kids will participate in FUN team-based games that build skills and confidence! These games will develop fundamentals in putting, chipping, pitching and full swings. We’ll teach the basics of a proper setup (grip, stance, posture) and then work on balance and movement. We’ll also provide an overview of the game of golf, simple rules, and common etiquette. We aim to improve kids’ fitness and coordination while having fun and staying safe.
For a child to advance to the “TRY Golf U9/U13” level, they must demonstrate a reasonable understanding of the setup (like grip, stance, posture) and show some competence in putting, chipping, and full swings.
*2022 information is posted below as a reference. 2023 details will be announced in late January and registration will open in early February. Stay tuned!
2022 TRY Golf U6 Program Specifics
* 11 week program, one 40 minute lesson each week
* Week 1: Monday, June 6 to Sunday, June 12
* Week 10: Monday, August 22 to Sunday, August 28
* BREAK WEEK: All sessions will take a break from Monday, July 25 to Sunday, July 31
* One age division to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability:
- U6 (2017/2018) *Kids must be 4 years old on May 1st to participate.
**NOTE: If your child was born in 2016 and is not ready for TRY Golf U9 (twice a week including playing par 3 holes), please register them in U6.
* Every player receives a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1 (with junior members and parent volunteers assisting)
* Lessons take place on the driving range, short game practice area or putting green (schedule will be posted at the entrance/parking area)
* The following coaches will provide professional instruction for TRY GOLF U6:
**Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a Master Kids Coach with US Kids Golf. Brody has 22 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. Brody is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
**Kevin Niznik, PGA of Canada Class A Professional and a 4 time Alberta PGA Junior Leader Finalist. Kevin has been teaching for 17 years and is a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com).
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
2022 Available Sessions TRY Golf U6
*Wednesdays 4:50pm - 5:30pm (Coach Brody) - Penelope S, Lucas K, Rylan K, Jack S, Josh T, Nathan C, Hudson M, Oliver C (SOLD OUT!)
*Wednesdays 5:50pm - 6:30pm (Coach Kevin) - Sofia S, Benjamin H, Knox H, Beckett B, Jalen M, Addilyn Z, John D, Christian D (SOLD OUT!)
*Thursdays 6:40pm - 7:20pm (Coach Kevin) - Aidan B, Blake W, Xavier W, Isla G, Elias I, Nicholas K, Oliver K, Billie P (SOLD OUT!
*Saturdays 9:30am - 10:10am (Coach Brody) - Everly O, Bennett F, Luke H, Eamonn C, Charlie H, Nash G, Briar B, Arileus R (SOLD OUT!)
*Saturdays 9:30am - 10:10am (Coach Kevin) - Jack D, Dean H, Reece W, Palmer S, Dominic C, Calvert S, Hailey M, Charlotte G (SOLD OUT!)
*Sundays 9am - 9:40am (Coach Kevin) - Forrest C, Leia P, Isabelle P, Cesio M, Logan T, Myles G, Sophia K, Jack L (SOLD OUT!)
Cost: $120 + HST = $135.60 (includes all lessons)
ONLINE REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
- Your child’s first name and last initial (eg. Billy S) will be posted next to the session that you signed up for. *The website will be updated as quickly as possible. Please don’t send an email within minutes of registering if you don’t see your child’s name!
- If you have any questions about TRY Golf registration, please email Carrie.
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering.
JUNIOR FITTING DAY
~ Saturday, April 2nd 10am - 11am
~ In the clubhouse (we are set up for indoor golf!)
~ Check out new and used US Kids Golf clubs for sale
~ Get properly fit for US Kids Golf clubs
~ Junior apparel, hats, and shoes available
For more information about The Sawmill Junior Experience, please email Carrie.