*Registration is now closed. However, if you would like to take one of the available single spots, please email Jeremy to join the league.
Sawmill’s Thursday Stag Night is designed for guys looking for an awesome night out - enjoying golf, a few drinks, lots of laughs and great food. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, and everyone has a chance to win in both individual and team games!
League Format and Prizes
- The league will run every Thursday afternoon from April 30th to August 27th (18 weeks).
- Tee times are available from 2pm to 6pm. Weekly “set” tee times will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Priority will be given to returning members until February 13th. New groups will only be accepted after this date, if space permits. The league is full once all tee times have been allocated.
- The course contests and scoring prizes will be based on your first 9 holes. Please turn in scorecards to the Pro Shop before making the turn.
- The starting hole will alternate from front nine to back nine every week.
- There will be a weekly $5 prize fee for all players. This fee will include gross and net prizes, course contests, a cash skins game, etc. There will be individual point standings (based on net scores) as well as a team game. All money collected as prize fees will be returned to the players.
- Weekly points will be awarded as follows: 5 for low gross (both flights). 10 for low net, 8 for 2nd net, 7 for 3rd net, 6 for 4th net, 5 for 5th net. 3 points for a net score of 36 or better. 1 point for playing.
- The field will be divided into flights based on handicaps. Returning members will start the season with a handicap based on their last five rounds in 2019. League handicaps (for 9 holes) will be updated weekly and posted in the Pro Shop. Everyone has a chance to win net prizes (scores based on handicap).
- Players that are age 60 and over or in Silver Flight (handicap 10+) can choose to play from the White tees. All other players will play the Blue tees.
- Prize-giving will take place at approximately 8:30pm (once everyone is finished 9 holes and the scoring is completed) every Thursday in Grill 71.
- Scoring will be done by the Pro Shop. Weekly results will be posted online and in the clubhouse.
- Grill 71 will feature pub-style dinners on Thursday night. Chicken wings, burgers, BBQ’s, sandwiches, etc.
League Fees (HST included in all fees)
1) Entry Fee: $40 (payable online at registration)
2) Weekly Fees:
a) League Members – 9 or 18 holes: $30 ($25 green fees + $5 prizes)
b) Sawmill Members: $5 prizes
All registered league players are welcome to play practice rounds on weekdays in April, once the golf course opens (weather permitting). Green fees will be $18 for 9 holes or $25 for 18 holes for league players (any time of day). Please book tee times.
Stag Night Closing Day – Thursday, September 3rd
The year-end event will feature a dinner and prize presentation. A fantastic prize table will be awarded to the points leaders, team game champions and many more lucky players in attendance. You must play a minimum number of rounds to be eligible for a prize.
If you have any questions about the league, please email Jeremy.