League Format and Prizes
- The league will run every Wednesday afternoon from May 3rd to September 27th (22 weeks).
- Tee times will be reserved for the league from 12pm to 5:30pm. Weekly “set” tee times will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Priority registration will be given to returning members. New groups will only be accepted, if space permits. The league will be considered full once all tee times have been allocated. Note: Sawmill members had advance registration if the league entry was paid with their membership fees.
- We will award $400+ in gift certificates weekly for individual play. Pro Shop gift certificates will be given for low gross in each flight, top five low nets, most honest net, and course contests. Low gross can be won twice during the season. There will also be weekly draw prizes, and a cash skins game. All money collected as prize fees will be returned to the players as gift certificates, prizes, or ‘on account’.
- All gift certificates will be added to your profile in the Sawmill computer system.
- Points will be awarded weekly based on your 9 hole net scores. The standings will be updated and posted weekly. The last four weeks in September will be “playoffs” with 50% more points available. Points will accumulate throughout the year to determine final standings.
- Weekly points will be awarded as follows: 10 for low net, 8 for 2nd net, 7 for 3rd net, 6 for 4th net, 5 for 5th net. 3 points for a net score of 36 or better. 1 point for playing.
- All year-end prizes will be gift certificates. You must play a minimum number of rounds to be eligible.
- The field will be divided into three flights (Gold, Silver, Bronze) based on handicaps. Returning members will start the season with a handicap based on their scores in 2022. New members will have an official league handicap after their second week of play. League handicaps will be updated weekly and posted in the Pro Shop.
- Players that are age 60 and over or in the Bronze flight (handicap 13+) can play from the White tees. Players must choose what tees they are playing for the season on the first week. All other players will play the Blue tees.
- Dinner is included in the Men’s Night weekly fee. You have the option to miss two dinners while still playing golf.
- During the season, there will be a few field days on Wednesdays featuring team events such as scrambles or best balls. Dates and details will be posted in the Pro Shop and on the website.
League Fees (HST included in all fees)
1) Entry Fee: $50 (payable online at registration)
2) Weekly Fees: a) League Members: $59 ($36 for 18 hole Green Fees, $18 Dinner & $5 for Prizes)
b) League Members Twilight (after 4pm only): $49 ($26 for Green Fees, $18 Dinner & $5 for Prizes)
c) Sawmill Members: $23 ($15 Dinner & $5 for Prizes)
All registered league players are welcome to play practice rounds on weekdays in April, once the golf course opens (weather permitting). Green fees will be $26 for 9 holes or $36 for 18 holes for league players (any time of day). Please book tee times online up to 5 days in advance.
Men’s Closing Day
Wednesday, October 4th. 3:30pm shotgun. 9 holes, dinner, and a prize presentation. Details will be announced later in the season.
All players must sign the Sawmill Golf Course Waiver.