We are hoping to offer Golf-Hockey Summer Camps in 2021. We have received confirmation for ice times at the Pelham Arena (Meridian Community Centre), however we are waiting to determine how many players will be permitted on the ice. Once we know this (or at least have a better idea) we will open registration. Information posted below is subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Sawmill's 2021 Golf-Hockey Summer Camps
Week #1 - August 9 - 13 Ages 2010 - 2011 Rep players (AAA-BB)
Week #2 - August 23 - 27 Ages 2008 - 2009 Rep players (AAA-BB)
Sawmill is proud to be part of a community which actively supports the participation of our families in sports. The Sawmill Junior Experience junior programs are an ideal way for kids to learn basic golf skills, develop proper swing techniques and build a solid foundation. The Sawmill Junior Experience has partnered with Niagara’s hottest hockey trainer Matt Gillard of Gillard Elite Hockey. Hockey and golf together for a week – can it get any better than this?
*8:45am to 9am drop off at Sawmill
*9am-11:30am Golf lessons with Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Professional & Sawmill staff
*11:30am-12pm Lunch break
*12pm-12:20pm Bus ride to Pelham Community Centre (Duliban Arena)
*12:20-1pm get dressed
*1pm-3pm On ice with Matt Gillard and his team
*3-3:15pm hockey gear off
*3:15-3:45pm Off ice conditioning with Gillard Elite Hockey
*3:45-4pm Pick up at Pelham Community Centre (lobby)
- Skaters (number is TBA) and 2 goalies each week.
- Kids will receive 2.5 hours of golf lessons Monday-Friday. Brody and two assistants will teach fundamentals like grip, stance, posture and movement. Kids will learn and practice short game skills (putting & chipping) and spend time on the range developing or improving correct swing technique and consistent ball striking. Kids will learn golf rules and etiquette. We’ll have FUN while improving golf skills. Kids will play the Par 3 course (7 holes) on Friday.
- Matt Gillard has designed a 2 hour on ice and 30 minute off ice program that will give your kids an edge. During the week Matt and his team will cover power skating, edge work, stick handling, and shooting. Matt will use his professional coaching skills to bring your kids game to the next level. A goalie coach will work with the goalies to give them the training they need to make big saves.
TBA (depending on the number of skaters permitted on the ice)
The registration link will be posted here
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis. You are registered when:
- Your registration form is received.
- We have received your registration fee.
- Registrations are NON-refundable.
- Age of participants in each week may vary slightly based on registration numbers.
- Lunch is included every day.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon successfully registering.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What does my child wear for the week?
- Golf: Your child must have golf or running shoes, ‘khaki’ pants/shorts, and a collared shirt. Please put sunscreen on kids BEFORE arriving to camp each day.
- Hockey: full gear including mouth guards. Drop off equipment every morning at Sawmill and we will transport to the arena. Take equipment home at the end of every day.
- Off Ice: sport shorts and t-shirt are required. Must have running shoes.
Q. What about snacks and lunch?
- Kids MUST have a water bottle. These will be refilled all day long to keep hydrated.
- We will have lunch each day on the shaded Sawmill patio or in the dining room.
- Lunch is included. Upon arrival each day kids will choose their lunch (we served a lot of pizza, chicken fingers & iced tea in 2019!!)
- Bring snacks for a 10 minute break each morning AND afternoon. Make it easy to eat (granola bars, fruit) as we will be on the range, practice green or in the dressing room.
Q. What about golf clubs for my child?
- If your child has clubs you will drop them off on Day 1 and the golf clubs will stay at Sawmill for the week (in locked club storage).
- For kids without clubs: On Day 1 we will “fit” them with properly sized clubs and they can use the same clubs all week (driver/fairway wood, irons, putter).
Q. How can we be sure our children will be safe?
- A supervisor (plus 3 golf instructors and 3 hockey instructors) will be with the campers throughout the day. Horse play and bullying will be closely monitored with a zero tolerance policy.
For more information, please contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 289.213.2555 (call or text).
A few photos from our 2019 camps!