TRY GOLF (formerly igolf)
Program Outline for ALL Try Golf Programs
* 10 week program
* Week 1: Sunday, June 3rd to Saturday, June 9th
* Week 10: Sunday, August 12th to Saturday, August 18th
* BREAK WEEK: JULY 22nd-28th (NO lessons/ NO Game Day)
* Sawmill EXPERIENCE Junior YEAR END BASH: Saturday, August 18th from 9am-11am. Bouncy castle, food, drinks & other surprises!!
* Three age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability
- U6 (2013/2014)
- U9 (2010/2011/2012)
- U13 (2006/2007/2008/2009)
**NOTE: If your child was born in 2012 and is not ready for U9 (twice a week), please feel free to register them in U6.
* Every player gets a Sawmill Junior Golf hat
* Professional photo opportunity with Digital Sports Photography - dates TBA (at own cost)
* Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
U6 Program Specifics
~ One 40 minute lesson each week
~ The player to coach ratio is 12:1 (with parent volunteers assisting)
~ Lessons take place on Sawmill's short game area (at the east end of the parking lot)
~ Jorden Jensen, Graduate of the Niagara College Professional Golf Management Program, will provide professional instruction to TRY GOLF U6 sessions. Jorden will be mentored weekly by Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional.
Available TRY GOLF U6 sessions:
- U6 Thursdays 5:40pm-6:20pm (1 spot left)
- U6 Thursdays 6:25pm-7:05pm (1 spot left)
- U6 Saturdays 8:45am-9:25am (10 spots left)
- U6 Saturdays 9:30am-10:10am (8 spots left)
Cost: $90 + HST = $101.70
*Be sure to indicate your first and second preferred session choices during registration. Do NOT register if there are no spots available. Refunds may be subject to a fee. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successfully registering. Carrie will follow up by email to confirm your session choice as soon as possible.
U9 / U13 Program Specifics
~ One 40 minute lesson each week
~ GAME DAY: play Sawmill's Par 3 course every Thursday night at 6pm (June 14th to August 16th)
~ The player to coach ratio is 8:1
~ Lessons take place on Sawmill's short game area and/or range
~ Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional, will provide professional instruction for all TRY GOLF U9/U13. Brody has 19 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. In 2016 Brody became a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
~ NEW!!! Girls Club U9 on Monday Nights!! Coach TBD - will be a strong, awesome female!!
Available TRY GOLF U9/U13 sessions:
- Girls Club U9 Mondays 6pm-6:40pm SOLD OUT!!
- NEW!! Girls Club U9 Mondays 6:45pm-7:25pm (7 spots left)
- U9 Tuesdays 5:30pm-6:10pm SOLD OUT!!
- U9 Wednesdays 5:40pm-6:20pm SOLD OUT!!
- U9 Saturdays 9:30am-10:10am SOLD OUT!!
- NEW!! COMBINED U9 /U13 Mondays 7:20pm-8pm (8 spots left)
- U13 Tuesdays 6:15pm-7:05pm (2 spots left)
- U13 Saturdays 10:15am-10:55am SOLD OUT!!
Cost: $140 + HST = $158.20
*Be sure to indicate your first and seond preferred session choices during registration. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successfully registering. Carrie will follow up by email to confirm your session choice as soon as possible.
- Begins Monday, February 12th at 7am
- Registrations will be received on a first come, first serve basis.
- Please read our CANCELLATION POLICY before registering.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email upon successfully registering.
Junior Meet & Greet
~ Saturday, April 14th
~ TRY GOLF from 9am-10am
~ LEARN GOLF from 10am to 11am
~ PLAY GOLF from 10am to 11am
~ Meet Coach Brody & Coach Attila, PGA of Canada Professionals
~ FREE use of the Driving Range for kids and their families (if weather permits)
~ Check out new and used clubs at the annual CLUB SWAP
~ Junior golf shirts for sale with Sawmill logo
~ Pick up your Sawmill Junior Golf hat