LEARN GOLF - Summer Kids League Program
Thanks for a great season of Summer Kids League! If your child participated this summer, please take a moment to complete this short, anonymous survey so that we can improve the program for next year:
2018 details will be posted in January. 2017 information is below.
Sawmill is proud to be part of a community which actively supports the participation of our families in sports. Our junior programs have become Niagara's best!
The Summer Kids Golf League is an intermediate golf program and is designed to teach players all aspects of the game including short game and long game, core fundamentals, rules, etiquette, and sportsmanship. Have FUN while learning and advancing your golf skills. If your child can competently play 3-5 holes on Sawmill's "big course" then this is the place for them!!
Kids will learn golf skills and fair play in a fun and organized program. Kids participating in our summer golf league will practice and play at Sawmill Golf Course. The league is an ideal way for kids to build a solid foundation for their future golfing endeavours.
SUMMER KIDS LEAGUE INFO
* THREE age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability - U9 (birth years 2009/2010/2011), U13 (2005/2006/2007/2008), U17 (2002, 2003, 2004)
* 11 week program
* TWICE per week: one 50 minute lesson AND Game Day - play Sawmill's "big" course every Tuesday night at 5:45pm. MUST be able to play 3-5 holes every week (one parent volunteer with each group)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Every player gets a Sawmill golf hat
* Year-end pizza party / awards on Tuesday, August 15th from 5pm-6pm
* BREAK WEEK: JULY 23rd-29th (NO lessons or game day)
* Attila Becsy, PGA of Canada Pro and Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Pro will provide professional instruction for all sessions. Attila has a proven track record in developing Ontario's junior golfers and Brody has 18 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leaders in coaching.
* 1st Game Day is Tuesday, June 6th and the last day is Tuesday, August 15th
* Professional photo oppotunity with Digital Sports Photography - dates TBD (at own cost)
* Cost: $150+ HST = $169.50
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What does my child wear each week?
Your child must have golf or running shoes, ‘khaki’ pants/shorts (NO jeans), and a collared shirt.
Q. What about golf clubs for my child?
* PURCHASE: Sawmill sells US Kids Golf clubs which is the ONLY brand made specifically for kids. Samples and professional club fitting will be available at the Junior Meet & Greet.
* CLUB SWAP: Opportunity to purchase gently used US Kids Golf junior sets at our Club Swap at the Junior Meet & Greet.
* If you have clubs that your child has outgrown, you can sell these at our Club Swap. The club sets MUST be US Kids Golf (NO other brands). All sets must be at Sawmill Golf Course by 8:30am on Saturday, April 15th. The clubs need to be labeled with: YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AND SELLING PRICE. We'll do the rest!!
- ALL registrations are NON-refundable
- Before you register please be sure that your child has no conflicts with other activities as sessions can only be changed if there is availability
For more information about Summer Kids League, please email Carrie.