TRY GOLF - igolf U9/U13 Program
Thanks for a great season of igolf! If your child participated this summer, please take a moment to complete this short, anonymous survey so that we can improve the program for next year:
2018 details will be posted here in January. 2017 information is below.
Sawmill is proud to be part of a community which actively supports the participation of our families in sports. Our junior programs have become Niagara's best!
igolf U9/U13 is a beginner golf program and is designed to introduce kids to the greatest game ever invented. If your child has never golfed before or is not ready for the BIG course then this is the place for them!!
The program is simple: kids will have FUN while learning golf skills and fair play in a FUN and organized program. We aim to improve kids’ health and fitness, confidence, and coordination. Our goal is to make sure every student we teach comes to love and enjoy the game as we do… and to hopefully make golf a lifetime sport!!
igolf U9/U13 INFO
* Two age divisions to ensure kids are learning with players of similar age and ability - U9 (birth years 2009/2010/2011) AND U13 (birth years 2005/2006/2007/2008)
* 10 week program
* TWICE per week: one 40 minute lesson (short game area/range) AND Game Day - play our beginner friendly Par 3 short course every Thursday night at 6pm (one parent volunteer with each group)
* The player to coach ratio is 8:1
* Every player gets a Sawmill golf hat
* Year-end pizza party / awards on Thursday, August 17th from 5-6pm
* BREAK WEEK: JULY 23rd-29th (NO lessons or game day)
* Brody Whetham, PGA of Canada Class A Professional will provide professional instruction for all igolf sessions. Brody has 18 years of teaching experience and is one of Niagara's leading junior golf coaches. In 2016 Brody became a US Kids Golf Certified Coach (uskidsgolf.com)
* 1st Game Day is Thursday June 15th, last day is Thursday August 17th
*Professional photo oppotunity with Digital Sports Photography - dates TBA (at own cost)
*Cost: $125 + HST = $141.25
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What does my child wear each week?
Your child must have golf or running shoes, ‘khaki’ pants/shorts (NO jeans), and a collared shirt.
Q. What about golf clubs for my child?
* PURCHASE: Sawmill sells US Kids Golf clubs which is the ONLY brand made specifically for kids. Samples and professional club fitting will be available at the Junior Meet & Greet.
* CLUB SWAP: Opportunity to purchase gently used US Kids Golf junior sets at our Club Swap at the Junior Meet & Greet.* If you have clubs that your child has outgrown, you can sell these at our Club Swap. The club sets MUST be US Kids Golf (NO other brands). All sets must be at Sawmill Golf Course by 8:30am on Saturday, April 15th. The clubs need to be labeled with: YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AND SELLING PRICE. We'll do the rest!!
- ALL registrations are NON-refundable
- Before you register please be sure that your child has no conflicts with other activities as sessions can only be changed if there is availability
For more information about igolf, please email Carrie.